Life Moves Pretty Fast
So a lot has happened. And every time I tell myself I’m going to sit down and update the blog to recap life events for my own future reference (which is basically the entire purpose of this blog, one that Facebook Timeline seems bent on demolishing), I find myself actively avoiding writing of any kind. Maybe it’s a passing phase, what with all the activity around here (Girlfriend moving in! Band rehearsals! Losing my job! Getting a new one!), but I find myself documenting my life less with words and more with photos (thanks, Instagram). I also find myself wondering about things less, and that was a primary reason for blogging in the beginning. It’s entirely possible that I’ve just figured most things out, I suppose. Anyway, here are the highlights of the last 10 months:
- I met a nice Colombian girl back in July and asked her to move in recently.
- We went on road trips to Arkansas and back, plus Memphis and New Orleans.
- We went to Colombia.
- I lost my job at American Express and got a new one at American Express. So far it seems like easier work, as I’m now managing a small number of large projects rather than a large number of small projects.
- I was featured on Kottke.org, probably my favorite website in the world.
- I joined my friend Marty’s band.
- I did a reader’s theatre at Hendrix College in September. Basically a staged table read, but it’s the only acting I get to do these days. I played a New Jersey newspaper editor.
I have a few other bits of writing I need to finish up so hopefully the gap between blog entries won’t be quite so massive as the previous one.